Sunday, August 17, 2014

Welcome to Preschool

  The day before school starts is always an exciting day for teachers, parents and kids. I am excited and to be honest a little nervous, I get to meet and work with 34 new kids! and 34 new sets of parents and grandparents.

  Getting ready for school includes a lot of things first off we want everyone to feel comfortable talk with your child about starting school and allow them to express their fears and their excitement with you. Reassure them as needed that you always come back and that school is a fun welcoming place to be. Remember to send your child to school daily with a backpack and inside that backpack please have a full change of clothing (shirt, bottom, underwear, socks, shoes, etc.) in a ziplock bag. Please try to label your child's items as best you can it helps the teachers and parents make sure everyone goes home with the correct items. The cubbies at this time are marked with names pictures will be added once I get everyone's picture taken.

 I have a lot of fun planned for this week but we are going to take it easy and go with the flow. We are going to use this week to get to know each other and learn about how preschool runs and what our expectations are. Be ready to play! We are going to use play dough, paint, art supplies, and lots more this week. I am going to be taking dictations and asking a lot of questions this week in an effort to get to know your child and these sheets will be kept and I will ask the same questions at the end of the year to see what has changed from the start of the year. Our theme for this time is all about me.

  If you are working this week be prepared to go with the flow and make changes to our plans as needed. Relax, be yourself, and have fun while working with the kids. Remember this is your chance to play too!

 Are you looking to get some power hours? I have a few projects that I need done to help our room be the fun space it needs to be.
  1. I need some crate seats made. I have the instructions and I believe some of the materials on hand.
  2. Know how to sew? I am looking to have a few things made for our library area. Some small pillows and some bean bags.
I will announce opportunities for power hours on face book and on this blog. Every family has 4 power hours per year that need to be completed and these tasks can take care of some of these hours.

Let's have a great first week and I look forward to meeting and working with all of you and your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment