Monday, January 20, 2014

Our First Week

 We made it through our first week together and if I do say so myself the children are adjusting well to the new teacher and new routine. I want to thank all the parents who have worked this first week for being flexible and understanding as we transition together. I have truly enjoyed working with all of you and your children and I look forward to working with the rest of the class parents as the weeks progress.

 This next week we will be working on really getting small group centers going Tara and I have come up with some great plans for the week. Including a class story, creating a book, some new and fun art and making a treasure box. I also plan to re-introduce the share bag this week with me being the first one to share something I will bring in. For share bag to be successful I am asking that the children only place one item in the bag so that it doesn't take over all our circle time which I will tell them on Tuesday when we are back together again. So help your child to think of one special item to place in the share bag something that they love or means something to them and help them to prepare to talk about that item. What makes it special? Why is it their favorite item? Its asking those questions that get them thinking and turn those gears.

  There are a few things on the wish list tab these are items that we will be using for projects in class in the coming days and weeks so if you can bring in an item or two that would be greatly appreciated.

 We are getting ready to think about Valentines day in the next few weeks (I know it was just New Years!) we will have a class party and I plan to get a list up by February 1st and a list of all the children's names for you as well if you want to start writing out Valentines. As always parents are welcome on party day's.

 Enjoy the rest of our 3 day weekend and I will see everyone tomorrow morning.

Ms. Charlee

No comments:

Post a Comment